December 19, 2011

1st Skate Night

Gavin had a Skate Night for his school last week and he was really wanting to go. So I took both boys by myself to the old Roller Valley. Just walking in that place brought back so many memories and the smell was like a blast from the past!! This was the very first time either boys had ever worn skates, so it was pretty rough going. Garrett didn't really want anything to do with them once he put them on and felt how scary it was. Gavin on the other hand thought he was going to be an expert the minute he put them on. He couldn't figure it out when he wasn't doing as good as the rest of the kids. Gavin decided after an hour or so of skating that the had the wrong kind of skates on. His skates were the ones with training wheel's, he needed the roller blade skates like his friend Nathan. It was really strange for me as a parent watching Gavin interact with his class mates. I've seen Gavin interact a lot with other kids over the years, but this time was different. I guess because I didn't really know some of the kids, just wish he didn't have to grow up so fast.




We held on to the edge a lot for balance.





I even put some skates on after a good 15years. Yikes, that was a strange feeling.


Gavin was kind of running in them.


Garrett gave up on the skates quick and just wanted to play games.


There's Gavin just running, he probably fell over 40times. Poor kid had bruises the next day. But he wants to go to the next skate night and try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment