
September 15, 2009
Gavin's 1st Day of Preschool
Today was Gavin's 1st day of preschool, were does the time go. I still remember very clearly the day I brought him home from the hospital, tear, tear!! So we (Joe & I) have been talking about going to preschool for months now, getting him ready mentally. He's got his backpack and is all ready to go. Every time we've talked about going, he has always said "Mommies coming with me, right?" So I was just a little scared this morning (pretty much had a panic attack driving there) that he was not going to stay at school and handle it without me. He is all smiles all through pictures and up to the door. Once we put his backpack away and took some more pictures the other kids and their parents started to arrive. Gavin saw another parent say goodbye & kiss his little girl, and that was it he new I would soon follow. The tears just started flowing, big giant tears. But I held up long enough to high tale it out of there and get in my car. Then I did shed a few tears just thinking about my little baby boy all grown up and hoping he would be ok. Two and a half hours later I picked him up.....was very early (almost 20min early) I know crazy, just wanted to see how he was. He was one of the 1st kids out and saw our car immediately and was all smiles. Saying he had a great time and got to eat cupcakes!! I spoke with his teacher (Teacher Barbara) and she said he stopped crying almost immediately and was a really great kid. He warmed up really well to the other full time teacher (Teacher Grace) yeah!! So all is well, lets just hope he does ok next time. On the way home we got a special treat (milkshakes at McD's) and I said yeah we did it, our 1st day of preschool. Gavin says "yeah preschool, I did it, now I don't have to go again." Oh boy! :)


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








How many days a week is his school again? It gets better the longer he goes!!
ReplyDeleteHe goes Tues & Thurs for two and a half hours each day. He'll get use to it soon, I hope. :)
ReplyDelete