June 01, 2009

Katelynn Faith's Funeral

My sister and I flew to Utah this weekend for my nieces funeral. It was my first time flying (yes ever), and I think I did pretty good. I sat at the window seat and tried to take in all the views. Taking off and landing was not all that fun, but I did it, and now I can say I've flown.

Katelynn Faith Greene was born on April 1st 2009 to my brother Nathan and his wife Leta. They have two children, Nathaniel and Alisa. Katelynn had issues with her Heart and Kidney's, and she was very prone to infections. Katelynn put up a real hard fight, but on May 24th 2009 her parents decided to take her off the ventilator because her organ malfunctions were not compatible with life. It was the compassionate thing to do as her parents. She just couldn't take anymore, and with the help of a ventilator she lived 54 beautiful days with her Mom, Dad, brother and sister. I am so glad I had the chance to go and see her and say goodbye. Thanks for coming with me Ta.
This is my sister Tonya, (left) and my brother Walter and his wife Katie, & daughter Bella.
This is my nephew Nathaniel, he looks just like my brother.

This is the beautiful Alisa playing in her room, she is my niece.


Another beautiful baby girl, Bella, she is my niece.



Emma and I at the funeral, Emma is my brother Walter's daughter.




My mom and I, and the two little Greene girls.





Nathan, Leta, Nathaniel and Alisa all sang a song together at the viewing.





Katelynn Faith, precious baby girl. We'll all miss you.






Getting ready to send off 54 balloons for every day Katelynn was with us.





Leta and Nathan explaining the symbolism of the balloons.










My sister Tonya and my cousin Becky. Looking beautiful for the camera.



Goodbye Little Katelynn we'll remember you forever, your Mommy and Daddy love you.


2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear of your loss. Heartbreaking to hear. My thoughts and prayers for you and extended family.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got some really great pictures! You will have to send me the ones you got with the girls. It was so great to see you guys-though I am sorry for the reason. We look forward to seeing you again in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete