June 24, 2009

Crazy, Dumb Bird!!

So the last few days, since Father's Day we have had some problems with birds getting into the fireplace. When Austin stayed over on Father's Day, that next morning when he woke up, from sleeping on our sofa, he was saying very seriously....I think you have rats in your fireplace. I was saying to him, No, no rats in the fireplace, then we hear all this scratching like little rat feet. And I look at him and he looks at me like, I told you so!! It was so funny you should have seen his face. So Joe proceeds to open the fireplace flu (sp?) and let the bird fly out, he caught him and let him out the back slider door. Well almost everyday since, this bird (I think it's the same Crazy, Dumb Bird) has gotten stuck in the chimney and I've had to let him out. He almost got it when our cat, Garfield snapped at him, but I got the bird out the door fast without any injuries (I hope?). We may try and experiment and mark him somehow and see if it's the same bird the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment