May 02, 2011

Bloomsday Weekend

What a fun weekend! My good friend Lisa and I did Bloomsday again this year and had a blast. On Saturday we headed downtown to pick up our packets for the race. We enjoyed a few kid free hours of looking around all the booths and free giveaways. I got these cute baker hats for the boys, and stuffed animal bears with their names on them. Sunday morning I picked up my friend around 7:30am....and it was very cold and foggy out. We took the bus at the Valley Mall and headed Downtown! We were in Lilac color, which is just in front of the stroller section. We crossed the starting line around 10:15. Both Lisa and I wanted to enjoy ourselves and not try and make it to the finish in a certain amount of time. We stopped at every mile marker and took pictures. The funniest part of Bloomsday is the people watching, all the costumes and crazy people. Hope you enjoy some of the pictures I got! Thanks so much Lisa for coming with me, another one in the books!






Garrett's bear with a missing "T", I still had to get it for him.


My cutie great nephew Grant here for Bloomsday too! My sister and her two daughters came into town to run the race.




Grant's new scrunchy face, looks like Elvis, pulls one side of his lip up.



Getting ready to leave in the morning.




Lisa and I in the morning freezing our butts off.



The Avatar ladies and Thing 1 & 2.



















Here we go!!!










There was a huge group of Drag Queens walking, can't believe they walked in those high hill shoes, crazy!!










Lisa looking good!





The pink Toto girls, somehow we seemed to walk most of the race with these girls.





Mile #1, we are on our way now.





Great day to take a walk with a friend.










The hills!















It's Mario!!!!!!















Doomsday Hill!









The Bands!




Star Wars rocks!!!















Mile #6 getting close now!

Next year maybe we'll do a different pose at each mile maker! :)




Finish line! We were pretty ready for some food, lots of people on the course were talking about food, where they were going to go for lunch.

The finisher T-shirts this year!! This was outside the Pita Pit were we went for lunch. Great day Lisa, thanks again.

No comments:

Post a Comment